We are looking for a Data Scientist, to join a team of A-grade techies working on the latest digital platform, unique to Cyprus. This is a start-up operation, fully funded by a large financial institution invested in the latest technologies
A workforce of handpicked talent, the best the market can offer will be a part of this exciting new venture. Invested in the latest cloud technologies and structured agile environments, the team will work hard to deploy a customer-centric platform offering something never seen before in Cyprus.
The team is looking for a passionate, solution-oriented Data Scientist to help statistically analyze data to help scale and grow the business.
In this role, your main focus will be to perform analysis, build metrics, synthesize information, identify business opportunities, provide project direction, and communicate business and technical requirements within the team. You will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting large amounts of data to identify insights, trends, and to deploy predictive analytics models. Additionally, you will utilize skills in both technology and statistics to manage data and develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges.
If you want to be part of the next big thing in Cyprus and play an integral part in something special, then this is for you. The position is based in a fancy, newly set up office space in Nicosia.
- Mine and analyze data from various databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Develop company A/B testing framework using statistically robust methodologies.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experience, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Azure Data Scientist Associate will be considered an advantage
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers such as Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools such as Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development