Job Title: QA
Department/Group: Technology – Back-office
Line Manager: Team Lead
Who we are
At MADE.COM we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture – no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at up to 70% off the high street prices.
The MADE.com Technology team has more than doubled in size in the last year. We have seen great talent come our way from places such as Huddle, Just Eat, Depop, Hailo and Asos. Our objective is to recruit the best talent in each area. We are hunting for senior tech people who can drive innovation and best practice.
What you’ll be doing
You are an experienced and knowledgeable QA that will work with the Team Lead to manage and support multiple development teams through the full SDLC. You will be a key part of pre-development ‘three amigos’ sessions where you will use your experience and domain knowledge to determine acceptance criteria for a given user story. You will be collaborating with the rest of the Tech team to prioritise and sequence work, and performing the test function on user stories as well as reviewing or pairing on writing automation tests. You will be working in a mixed languages environment and developing our platform using emerging technologies (Docker, Ansible) and architectures such as Event Sourcing, AWS lambda serverless services alongside Micro-services. The Tech team embraces a progressive Agile mindset strongly favouring approaches such as TDD, DDD, continuous delivery, and pair-programming.
- Refine stories and Acceptance Criteria with Product Owner and Developers.
- Review/write automation code for features in progress as part of the SDLC for all stories.
- Manual end to end testing of stories on completion, for XML and JSON web services.
- Nurture and maintain focus on high quality code as a team responsibility.
- Actively drive the strategy and vision for QA within Made.
- Develop using Scrum/Agile through the full SDLC.
- Work with the wider technical team to develop solutions appropriate to the architecture.
- Help drive success in Technology lead projects and foster innovation.
- Enjoy, learn and thrive!
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 3 years QA experience, with some focus on automation.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to get familiar with complex environments quickly.
- Good knowledge/understanding of test automation frameworks.
- Ability to read and understand code, preferably in Python or Cypress (actual coding experience is a plus).
- Exposure to Functional testing of event driven architecture and APIs.
- Database skills with confident SQL.
- An understanding of CI and experience using CI tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with using bug and task managing tools such as Jira
- An understanding of Agile practice including BDD and TDD.
- Ability to understand source control and exposure to Github.
- Excellent ability to communicate in English.
Great if you have
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architectures.
- Experience working with a Serverless Architecture
- Development experience.
- Experience of online eCommerce, particularly on the back-end.
What we offer
- A fast-paced, creative, and fun office environment.
- Great opportunities to make the role your own, get involved with exciting projects and have a positive impact on both customers and other teams across the business.
- Flexible working hours.
- Exposure to full overview of a successful and rapidly growing eCommerce business, from manufacture through to warehouse integration and online shop.
- Regular work drinks and events.
- Fully remote working.